Who does not love a dazzling, bright and white smile? Teeth whitening is one of the top dental procedures requested every year with millions of people wanting to keep their smiles looking bright. Here at Greenfield Family Dentistry , we will help you get the bright smile you have always wanted with our professional teeth whitening treatment that can bring you visible result in just one visit.Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that lightens teeth and helps remove stains and discoloration using bleaching and non-bleaching whitening products. Bleaching products contain peroxide (hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide) and these products remove both surface and deep stains on teeth and can cause teeth to become even lighter than their natural shade.
There are many factors that contribute to teeth discoloration and some of them are the following:
- The natural aging process
- Using tobacco (smoked or chewed), drinking coffee, tea, colas or red wine, and eating pigmented foods such as cherries and blueberries
- Accumulation of plaque and tartar deposits
- Ingesting too much fluoride (more than 2 parts fluoride per million parts water) when teeth are forming, which gives teeth a "mottled" look
- Treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline during childhood
- Trauma to the teeth that may cause a brown, gray or black color
- Diseases that affect the enamel and dentin of the teeth which causes teeth discoloration. Treatments for certain conditions can also affecttooth For example, head and neck radiation and chemotherapy can cause teeth discoloration. In addition, certain infections in pregnant mothers can cause tooth discoloration in the infant by affecting enamel development.
Here are the common types of teeth whitening:
- At home whitening – It is not enough to get your teeth whitened once and expect them to stay that way. You can use an at home whitening kit provided by your dentist and use it according to instructions. You also need to change habits like cigarette smoking and excessively drinking stain-causing liquids to avoid frequent touch ups
- Professional Teeth whitening – your dentist can always offer professional treatments for fastest and most efficient whitening. This is call in-office whitening where whitening agents in higher concentration are used and produce faster results than the over the counter options. One visit may actually be enough to make your teeth visibly whiter.
- Laser whitening – laser whitening is most effective in removing stains fast. It can whiten a patient’s teeth up to 10 shades brighter in just an hour. If interested with this procedure, you need to make an appointment with your dentist.
Why choose professional teeth whitening?
There are various options for getting a whiter teeth, there are some that you can do at home and some that require dental appointments. Dentists have been offering a greater variety of bleaching procedures.The demand for a whiter smile has also been increasing. Although whitening procedures provided by the dentists are more costly, the professional treatment is more worth it. Not only will it require less visits, it can show visible results fast! You can definitely improve your appearance and will also allow you to save money in the long run. The improper use of whitening products may not guarantee safety for your teeth and gums.
After Teeth Whitening treatment, below are some of the tips you can keep in mind:
- Avoid stain-causing foods and beverages – coffee, tea, wine, sports drinks, hard candy, berries and tomato sauce are all foods that can cause tooth discoloration.
- Use a straw – when drinking beverages, use a straw to keep stain-causing dyes away from your teeth.
- Quit smoking – smoking tobacco can cause teeth to become discolored. Eliminating tobacco can help keep your teeth bright.
Whitening may not be a permanent solution, the stains will still come back. There are a lot of factors that can bring your teeth back to a yellowish shade. If you consume a lot of food and beverages that cause teeth discoloration, effect of teeth whitening may not last that long.It is not enough that we undergo teeth whitening procedures to get that brighter smile, good oral hygiene is still very important to maintaining clean and white teeth. Brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash are all great ways to take care of your teeth and prevent stains from forming. You can always maintain that white smile with good oral habits and with the help of your trusted dentist.Contact Greenfield Family Dentistry for best teeth whitening in gilbert az . Conveniently located 875 N. Greenfield Road, Suite 114 Gilbert, AZ 85234